Nokia X Software Platform 1.2 update starts rolling out for Nokia X, X+ and XL
Microsoft’s mobile division today started rolling out Nokia X software platform 1.2 update for the Nokia X, X+ and XL When the company launched the Nokia X2, based on Nokia X Software Platform 2.0, itannounced that older Nokia X devices would not get the 2.0 update due to hardware constraints.
The 1.2 update at least brings some of the features present in the Nokia X2, that includes new app switcher, new Nokia Store with new Home screen Spotlight widget for app discovery and one-click downloads, Outlook.com, OneDrive and OneNote apps and more.
New features in Nokia X Software Platform 1.2 update
- Improved ease of use with the new app switcher – switch easily between open apps, or close apps with a single tap.
- Instant access to your mail, calendar, and notes with Outlook.com and OneNote.
- Updated Nokia Store – new design to help you find content more easily, and better integration with third-party stores.
- New scrollable widgets, call reject with a message, contact search in the dialler, automatic uploading to OneDrive, and local calendar support.
- General performance and usability improvements.
The new software update for these devices would be available over-the-air (OTA) starting today. You can check for the software update manually from settings -> About phone -> System updates. Since this is a major update, it is over 100MB, so it recommended to use WiFi for updating.